Thanksgiving is the time to break out some of the best bottles. Italian wine truly shines with food and with a table set with a veritable cornucopia of flavors, there are some basic rules we like to follow when picking a bottle (or six.)
1. Have a variety of styles on hand. Sparkling, whites, certainly red wines and even orange all deserve a seat at the table.
2. Choose red wines with a fruit-focused character and earthy qualities to match with the side dishes as those flavors take center stage.†
3. Orange wine is at home this time of year! Skin-contact wines are perfect with fall foods and exotic spices and work perfectly with Turkey.
4. Pick a crisp and aromatic white to complement all the exotic spices that find their way into the side dishes. Oak will interfere while mineral whites will shine.
5. Donít forget the bubbles! Not only are they needed for a toast and cheese and salumi hour but can pair wonderfully with dessert.
6. Sweet wine's time to shine! Dessert wines and pies are so good together.†
7. Have some Amaro on hand. Nothing better after a feast than a little glass of a digestivo. Explore our collection.
Read on below about the featured wines.
For orders outside of NY state, order by Tuesday , November 14th to guarantee arrival in time. For NY state orders please place by Friday, November 17th. For orders in our local delivery zone in Manhattan please order by end of day on Monday, November 20th.†